Saturday, 24 November 2012

Blue Marble


This is my first attempt at marbling. Again, I apologize for the camera being out of focus. I used Avon's Vintage Blue, Cotton Candy and Romance. I think the Romance colour is so pretty and has a nice shimmer to it. I am learning as I go, and I wanted to experiment with the shimmer to see how it would work in the marbling. I think it turned out pretty good. The sheerer Cotton Candy added an interesting effect to the edges of the Romance colour, but I wouldn't recommend using sheer polishes for marbling as the colour does seem to get lost.

This is the tutorial I followed to learn how to do this:

http://www.nihrida.com/2009/08/marble-tutorial.html

I have learned that the very first drop of polish you add to the water acts as a barrier for the remaining polish you add, so when you "mix" the colours for the marbling effect do your best not to touch the first drop. It can ruin the whole thing if you try to "mix" the first drop layer and you may have to discard it and start again. It happened to me a few times.

I also recommend using masking tape or scotch tape around your fingers surrounding your nail to help minimize the clean up afterward. I taped one hand and did not tape the other and taping is the way to go. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment