Saturday, 24 November 2012

Tie Dye Nails


Well, you know about curiosity and the cat, the stray cat we took in had to get involved with my photos. His name is Sebastian and he is a very cuddly cat.

This is a tie dyed effect and I used Borghese's Bianco White Tip for the base colour and on my thumb and middle finger I made an extra stripe using this. In my opinion, those nails with the extra white stripe seem more tie dyed to me. I guess it gives off more of effect of a white material being dyed. For the bright colours I used Avon's Coral Beat, Sunshine, Sweet Mint and Lagoon.

The tutorial for how to do this can be found here:

http://www.amberdidit.com/2012/06/more-tie-dye-nails-and-tutorial.html

I would stay away from fast drying nail polishes for this as they wouldn't spread when you drag the pin/needle through them. I also found that this design wasn't very durable. I supposed with dragging the needle through the polish it causes a separation and the polish chipped off in pieces after a couple of days. Although, I don't add them to the picture I do use a base coat and top coat, but I guess the top coat wasn't enough to hold this look together. It was fun while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment