Monday, 22 July 2013

Jack O' Lanterns (glow-in-the-dark)

Although a little early for Halloween, I did these for the arts and crafts competition, which I need to enter this week. This is the last set for the contest, today I have to start preparing them for displaying at the C.L.E., where the contest is going to be held. The C.L.E. is the Canadian Lakehead Exhibition which takes place in a few weeks here in Thunder Bay.

I tried to do a variety of Jack O' Lantern looks and did a couple of the more fancy negative image looking pumpkins to. When I finished painting them I went over the yellow polish with glow-in-the-dark yellow polish for some added fun.
You can barely make out that they are glowing in the dark here. I plan to buy a black light, which I understand will make a nice difference when photographing these.
The polishes I used for this were Avon's Licorice, Coral Beat and Sunshine. I used Nail Treat's Emerald Green for the stems and then went over the Sunshine yellow with Claire's unnamed yellow glow-in-the-dark polish.



No comments:

Post a Comment