Friday, 4 April 2014

Day Four Green - Tissue Papered

The great thing about this challenge is getting to try out a lot of looks that I have been wanting to do everyday! This is one that I wasn't sure was going to work out, but it did and I love it!!
I simply cut out tiny squares and rectangles from two different pale green tissue papers I got from the dollar store. I painted my base colour and let them dry thoroughly. After they were completely dry, I added a coating of clear polish and gently stuck the tissue paper pieces on and overlapped them adding a little clear polish if too much paper was sticking up. I didn't press all of the pieces firmly into the polish as I thought that would make the tissue see-through and spoil the effect. After all the pieces were put in place and overlapped, I gently pressed them down onto the nail to help hold them in place.

I did not add any topcoat over this as again I wanted some of the edges to stick up and I thought the topcoat would make the tissue paper see through and I definitely didn't want that to happen!
This was a lot of fun to do and I am so happy the idea was successful!
I used Avon's Noir Emerald and two different coloured green tissue papers to achieve this look. The clear polish I used was from Claire's (not pictured).

For more Day Four Challenger's designs please click the links below:
MD nail ART (+Mary Daniel added great collages of photographs of the first three days!)
Nail Polish Queens
Nailingtons
Eccentric Whims
The Adorned Claw

No comments:

Post a Comment