Sunday, 27 April 2014

Day Twenty-Seven Inspired by Artwork - Salvador Dali - The Persistence of Memory

One of my son's favourite artists is Salvador Dali. He has liked Dali's art since he was a child, so I thought I would do a look based on The Persistence of Memory. You can find out more about Salvador Dali at this link: http://www.salvadordali.com/

I decided to do the sky gradient as the background for my nails and then split up the images onto my different fingers.
This took a very long time to do and a lot of nail polish colours. I totally botched the pinky nail with the mountain range. It is far too steep and large. Maybe I should go for some art lessons, to learn how to do these things properly. haha
I think I did alright for being unskilled and not having much talent. I'm sure a real artist could master this far better than my feeble attempt. ;-)
 I had some trouble photographing these nails, due to lighting issues.  I hope they are clear enough.
The polishes I used for the gradient were Avon's French White Tip, Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow and Avon's Cosmic Blue.
Other polishes used in order of the picture left to right: Avon's Licorice, Vintage Blue, Essence's Gorgeous Bling Bling, Avon's Grey Flash, Barefoot Beige, Sally Hansen's Golden-I, Celeb City, Avon's Tangtastic, China Glaze's Solar Power and Avon's Vintage Boutique and Bare Necessity.

Please check out the links below for more Artwork Inspired nail art:
Nailingtons
MD nail ART
Nail Polish Queens



2 comments:

  1. This is superb! Great art work and you should be really proud of yourself. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margriet. I tried. :-)

      Delete