Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Glow in the Dark Gradient

I wanted to do something a little bright for the nicer weather we are finally having and something a little fun, too. I decided to use the glow-in-the-dark nail polishes my son had bought me for Mother's Day last year to make a gradient. These almost look like MacIntosh apple skins to me, I guess because of the yellow polish mixed with the purple it turned out a more red shade.
 This is the best picture I could get of them glowing in the dark, but when I went to bed last night they were super glowing. It didn't occur to me until after I went to bed that our one cat, Monster, likes to chase lights especially in the dark and that he might just go after my glowing nails!! So I had to hide them under the covers to be safe! haha You can actually see the gradient effect when they glow in the dark as they are lighter and brighter at the bottom than at the top of the nail. I think that's cool!
These are the polishes from Claire's. They do not have individual names, so they are glow-in-the-dark purple, yellow and green.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gradient...I'll be running to Claire's :D but I don't think we have them (yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they are so much fun! I'm just a kid at heart. I hope you find them. :-)

      Delete